Tanzania Visa - Types, Price, Requirements and Application.
Visit Tanzania, with its stunning landscapes, diverse wildlife, and rich cultural heritage, is a destination that attracts travelers from around the globe. Whether you’re planning to explore the Serengeti National Park, relax on the pristine beaches of Zanzibar, or immerse yourself in the vibrant local culture, understanding the visa requirements and online application process is crucial for a smooth and hassle-free journey. Get your Visa Now to Tanzania.
1. Types of Visas for Tanzania:
Tanzania offers various types of visas to accommodate different travel purposes. The most common types include:
- Tourist Visa: Ideal for those planning to visit Tanzania for leisure, sightseeing, or recreational activities.
- Business Visa: Intended for individuals traveling to Tanzania for business purposes, such as meetings, conferences, or trade.
- Transit Visa: For travelers passing through Tanzania on their way to another destination.
- Volunteer Visa: Issued to individuals volunteering in Tanzania for a specific period.
- Multiple Entry Visa: Allows travelers to enter and exit Tanzania multiple times within a specified timeframe.
2. Tanzania Visa Requirements:
The specific requirements for obtaining a Tanzanian visa may vary depending on the type of visa and the applicant’s nationality. However, common requirements include:
- Passport: A valid passport with at least six months of validity beyond the intended departure date from Tanzania.
- Visa Application Form: Completed and signed application form, which is usually available online.
- Passport-sized Photos: Recent passport-sized photographs meeting the specified requirements.
- Flight Itinerary: Proof of a round-trip or onward flight reservation.
- Accommodation Confirmation: Evidence of hotel reservations or a letter of invitation from a host in Tanzania.
- Yellow Fever Certificate: In some cases, a yellow fever vaccination certificate may be required.
- Financial Proof: Bank statements or other evidence of sufficient funds to cover the stay in Tanzania.
The countries whose nationals require a Visa for Tanzania are
|Congo (the Democratic Republic of)
|Independent State of Samoa;
|Papua New Guinea
|United Arab Emirates
|United States of America
|Korea (North & South)
|Republic of Ireland
|Yugoslavia (all travelling documents issued by former SFR of Yugoslavia or by present Yugoslav Authorities)
|Sao Tome & Principe
|Central African Republic
|China (Peoples Republic of )
Citizens of the following countries do not need a Visa for stay up to 90 days
|Malaysia Federal State
Nationals of any Country not listed above please consult the Mission for further information. Tanzania High Commissions / Embassies and Consulates abroad.
3. Visa Fee: Payment of the applicable visa fee.
It’s important to check the Tanzanian embassy or consulate website for the most up-to-date and accurate information, as requirements may change.
Types of Visa
Visa Fees USD
50 USD (single 3 months)
250 USD (Multiple 2 years)
300 USD (Research 6 months)
550 USD (PhD 2 years)
4. Online Visa Application Process:
Tanzania has introduced an online visa application system to simplify the process for travelers. Here are the general steps to apply for a Tanzanian visa online:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official Tanzania Immigration Services Department website or the dedicated e-visa portal.
- Create an Account: Register for an account on the website, providing accurate and complete information.
- Select Visa Type: Choose the type of visa that corresponds to your travel purpose.
- Fill out the Application Form: Complete the online application form with all the required details.
- Upload Documents: Scan and upload the necessary documents, including a copy of your passport and passport-sized photos.
- Payment: Pay the visa fee online using the available payment options.
- Submit Application: After completing the application and payment, submit the form online.
- Receive Confirmation: Once the application is processed, you will receive an email confirmation with your e-visa.
5. Getting a Tourist Visa for Tanzania
Foreign nationals may apply for a visa online in advance of travel. Applicants may complete the e-visa application form and make payment online with a credit card or bank transfer at If the e-visa is approved, the applicant will receive a “grant notice” via email.
6. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Starting from 2018, all eligible travelers can use the Tanzania eVisa system for purposes of tourism or transit. So, whether you plan on visiting this African country for a relaxing getaway, a safari trip, exploring its tourist attractions, or simply making a stop-over before you reach your final destination, the online visa for Tanzania will make your trip possible in an effortless way!
How long does a Tanzania eVisa take to
lt takes up to 10 days for the visa to be processed. From our experiences, the process to receive your online visa Tanzania is usually done faster. We received our visa within 3 days. We do however, usually travel outside of the peak season.
Can I apply for a visa on arrival in Tanzania?
While some nationalities can obtain a visa on arrival, the online application is recommended to avoid potential delays at the airport.
Is the visa fee refundable if my application is denied?
No, the visa fee is generally non-refundable, even if the application is rejected.
Can I extend my visa while in Tanzania?
Visa extensions are possible, but they must be applied for in advance at the immigration office in Tanzania.
Do children require a separate visa?
Yes, each traveler, including children, must have their own visa. Children’s requirements may differ, so it’s important to check the specific regulations.
6. Conclusion: Tanzania Visa
Navigating the Tanzania visa requirements and online application process is a crucial step in ensuring a seamless travel experience. By understanding the type of visa needed, gathering the required documents, and utilizing the online application system, travelers can enjoy the breathtaking beauty and cultural richness that Tanzania has to offer without unnecessary complications. Remember to check for any updates or changes to the visa requirements, and plan your journey well in advance for a stress-free adventure in this captivating East African nation.