Serengeti National Park Entrance Fees.
Serengeti National Park entrance fees are charges that tourists are required to pay in order to get access to Serengeti national park. Park entrance fees are set by the government of Tanzania through TANAPA (Tanzania National Parks Authority) and NCAA (Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority). Entry Fees for Serengeti National Park · Adults (16 years and older)- 30 USD · Children (5 to 15years of age)- 5 USD · Children below 5 years of age free.
Serengeti national park is the oldest and one of the most popular national parks located in the northern part of Tanzania. The park is known for harboring different attractions such as abundant wildlife species. The national park also offers interesting activities such as game drives where you will be able to view different animals grazing in the open plains and predators hunting, bird watching where you will be able to view bird species such as migratory, endemic, near-endemic, and water birds, hot air balloon safari where you will have aerial views of the park and animals, cultural tours where you will get an opportunity to interact with the local people in the neighboring communities.
Park entrance permits in Serengeti national park are charged based on per person per day which implies that they are valid for 24 hours, vary depending on the visitor’s residence, age. Visitors are however required to provide proof of identity is at the gate, once the fee is paid is non-refundable and the fee doesn’t include various activities in the national park. The below fees are without 18% VAT.
1. Park entrance fees (charged per person)
- Non East African adults $60
- Non East African children (aged between 5 and 15 years of age) $20
- East African Non children (aged below 5 years) free
- East African adults $30
- African East children( aged between 5 and 15 years) $10
- East African children (aged below 5 years) free
2. Serengeti park motor vehicle permit fees (charged per vehicle per day)
- weight Tare up to 2000kgs for foreign-registered vehicles $40
- Tare weight up to 2000kgs for East African citizens and Tanzania private vehicles Tshs 20,000
- weight Tare between 2001- 3000kgs for Foreign registered vehicles $150
- Tare weight between 2001-3000kgs for east African citizens and Tanzania private vehicles Tshs 35,000
- weight between 3001-7000kgs for Foreign registered vehicles $200
- Tare weight between 3001-7000kgs for Tanzania and East Africa citizen private vehicles Tshs 60,000
- Weight above 7001 -10000kgs for Foreign registered vehicles $300
- Tare weight above 7001-10000kgs for East African citizen and Tanzania private vehicles Tshs 150,000
- Vehicles will be charged 50% extra of the normal vehicle fee
3. Walking safaris (charged per person)
- Shorter walks (1 to 4 hours) for adults $20
- Shorter walks (1 to 4 hours) for children of 12 to 15 years $10
- Longer walks of above 4 hour for adults $25
- Longer walks of above 4 hours for children of 12 to 15 years $15
4. Camp fees (charged per person per night)
- Adults (16 years and older) $30
- Children (5 to 15 years) $5
- Children (below 5 years of age) free
5. Special and seasonal campsites
- Adults (16 years or older)$50
- Children (5 to 15 years of age)$10
- Children (below 5 years of age) free
6. Landing fees for foreign aircrafts
- Up to 4 seater private $50
- Up to 4o seater commercial $120
- 5 to 12 seater private aircraft $120
- 5 to 12 seater commercial aircraft $170
- Over 13 seater private aircraft $170
- Over 13 seater commercial aircraft $320
- 7. Landing fees for local aircrafts
- Up to 4 seater private aircraft Tshs 10,000
- Up to 4 seater commercial aircraft Tshs 15,000
- 5 to 12 seater private aircraft Tshs15,000
- 5 to 12 seater commercial aircraft Tshs 20,000
- 13 to 20 seater private aircraft Tshs 20,000
- 13 to 20 seater commercial aircraft Tshs 35,000
- Over 20 seater private aircraft Tshs 50,000
- Over 20 seater commercial aircraft Tshs 60,000
Serengeti national park filming fee to each person per day $300, the price covers entrance fee, camping and filming to all nationalities.
Guide or ranger service fees per group $20 this applies to tourists who want to engage in guided nature walks and visitors who want to hire a park guide during the game drive.
Common Animals in Serengeti National Park
Big five mammals which are the elephants, lions, leopards, black rhinos, and buffaloes. Other animals like waterbucks, bushbucks, cheetahs, gazelle, zebras, giraffes, different bird specie. Moru kopjes among others. Serengeti national park is famously known for the great wildebeest migration where over one million wildebeests, thousands of gazelle, zebras and other antelopes annually cross from Serengeti plains through the Grumeti River to the Masai Mara in Kenya in search of fresh pasture.
Tanzania National Park Entry Fees
|National Park||Adult entry/ day||Entry Fee per Child (5-15 years)/day||Child Entry Fee (under 5 years)/day|
|Serengeti National Park||$70||$30||Free|
|Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area (24 Hour Single Entry)||$70||$30||Free|
|Arusha, Tarangire and Lake Manyara National Parks||$50||$20||Free|
|Katavi, Mikumi, Ruaha, Rubondo, Saadani, Kitulo, Mkomazi Udzungwa and Saanane National Parks||$30||$10||Free|
|Gombe National Park||$100||$20||Free|
|Mahale National Park||$80||$20||Free|
|Kilimanjaro National Park||$70||$20||Free|
Tanzania National Park Entry Fees (until 30th June/July 2021/2023) for Non-East African Citizens excluding 18% VAT and 10% increase for entry fee for year 2022. TripAdvisor Reviews.